Here’s How Our Termite Treatment Plan Works
- Technicians strategically install a series of bait stations 10-15 feet apart in the soil to create a zone of protection around your home.
- Bait stations start working immediately to intercept termites with a substance they prefer over wood in your home.
- The termites feed on the bait and take it back to their colony, which kills the remaining population.
- Annual inspections by your expert technician monitor the stations for any signs of termite activity.
What Are Termites?
Termites are insects that feed on wood and often become pests of homes. While there are about 2,700 species of termites worldwide, Hawaii has 8 species of termites, all of which are non-native and were introduced through human transport of infested wood materials.
Homeowners typically encounter two types of termites: workers and swarmers.
- Workers are 3-4 mm long, creamy colored, and usually only seen when infested wood is broken open or a mud foraging tube is broken. Worker termites can be found year-round.
- Swarmers are the reproducers. Dark brown or black and about 4 mm long, swarmers may have wings and are most common in May and June in Hawaii.
Each year, termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage in the United States alone. According to the NC State Extension website, a colony of about 60,000 termites could eat a 2×4 piece of wood in about 5 months. That may not seem like much until you consider that some colonies can contain millions of termites, and when you factor in time – it’s not hard to see how a large colony could start to bring down a whole home within just a few years.
So, how can you tell if you have termites? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Floor damage can look similar to water damage or like blisters in the wood.
- Mud tubes are narrow tunnels near termite nests that the insects use to travel between where they live and where they eat. They’re about the width of a pencil and are usually found on building exteriors.
- Hollow-sounding or swelling wood is caused by the tunneling of termites and will typically have a honeycomb interior.
- Evidence of swarms – All species of termites swarm, leaving to start a new colony. After they swarm, they’ll leave behind their silvery wings.
A Stronger Home Starts With Termite Control
Choose a plan that’s right for you.
Start Protecting Your Home With Termite and Pest Control Today!
Our Service Guarantee ensures you can relax knowing we’ll worry about pests so you don’t have to. And if they come back between treatments, so will we — at no additional cost to you.† Our Damage Guarantee ensures you can relax knowing we’ll keep termites out of your home. And for as long as you keep your plan, we’ll cover any additional treatments and repair any new termite damage.*
*Available for qualifying homes only. Not available in all areas. Limitations apply. See Plan for details.
**Standard Covered Pests: cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants (excluding carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, and tawny crazy ants), clothes moths, spiders (excluding black widow and brown recluse spiders), scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps. Other pests not specified as Standard Covered Pests may be covered for an additional charge or under other plans. †Treatments and Covered Pests defined in your Plan. Limitations apply. See Plan for details.
Termite Services Professional Pest Control Services in Pearl City HI